Value, Stream, Mapping or All! with Steve Pereira
In this episode, Steve joined Shahin to talk about Value Stream Mapping. For the first time, we had a live audience recording the episode. Peter, Ali, and Nasima from the audience asked questions from Steve by the end of the show.
We conversed about and around the following topics:
- Value Streams let you see the big picture and your biggest bottlenecks, risks, and opportunities.
- A value stream captures a view beyond common Agile and DevOps visibility to how we create and deliver value.
- A Value Stream Map lets to share that view with others and align on what to do next.
- A map should be simple to start (you can always add more data if you want) – avoid heavy/complex approaches.
- People are the most important part. Facilitation, handoffs, incentives, psychological safety are major factors.
People & Resources:
We referred to and/or mentioned the following people and/or resources:
- Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Add Value and Eliminate – Amazon US | Amazon Canada
- Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation Amazon US | Amazon Canada
- Toyota Kata: Managing People for Improvement, Adaptiveness and Superior Results Amazon US | Amazon Canada
- Karen Martin
- Helen Beal
- Marc Hornbeek
- Jeff Keyes
- Jack Maher
- Roy Osherove
- Mike Orzen
For more details please visit http://leanonagile.com.