Video Games and Philosophy + Jordan Erica Webber + Dan Griliopoulos + 017
- Jordan Erica Webber and Dan Griliopoulos discuss their book Ten Things Video Games Can Teach Us: (about life, philosophy and everything)
- We discuss a variety of ways that video games approach philosophical concepts, such as ethics, the philosophy of mind, and more
- Some games mentioned in this episode:
- System Shock
- To the Moon
- Papers, Please
- Ultima Underworld - and virtue ethics
- Talos Principle
- Fable 2
- That Dragon, Cancer
- How Edward Snowden derived much of his moral philosophy from video games - specifically Tekken (Read more - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/05/14/how-video-games-prepared-edward-snowden-to-leak-nsa-secrets/?utm_term=.300754d50985 | https://kotaku.com/edward-snowden-sees-himself-as-a-video-game-hero-1575870000)
- What Rust can teach us about forming societies and the idea of a justified revolution
- Jordan Erica Webber
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence
On Facebook: @plus7intelligence
+7 Intelligence is a member of the Podglomerate network.
Music by Creo