Visual Studio Code: Remote dev with Containers & Codespaces | Tabs vs Spaces
In part 2 of Remote Development with Visual Studio Code, Brigit Murtaugh, a PM with VS Code, will explain how to set up a remote development environment using either Docker containers or GitHub Codespaces.
This episode will cover:
- :19 What is remote development in VS Code?
- 1:13 What is a container?
- 2:05 Why is container-based development useful?
- 3:34 How can I leverage container-based development in VS Code?
- 4:14 Demo: Let's configure a Remote Container
- 11:20 Demo #2: Let's try some sample commands in a Remote Container
- 17:42 Demo #3: Let's try using GitHub Codespaces
You can learn more by following these links:
- Part 1 - VS Code Remote Development with SSH, VMs, and WSL on Tabs vs Spaces
- Install Docker Desktop for Windows
- Sign up for GitHub Codespaces beta
- Download Visual Studio Code
- VS Code docs: Developing inside a container
- Windows docs: Overview of Docker remote development on Windows
- GitHub docs: About Codespaces
- Azure docs: Run Docker containers on-demand in a managed, serverless Azure environment