184. Vitamin A and Copper Toxicity: Opposing Thoughts on Dietary Interventions - Dr. Garrett Smith
I'm excited to sit down with Dr. Garrett Smith. We talk about how liver and bile imbalances can cause health problems and much more. Make sure to listen to the full interview to learn more. .
Dr. Garrett Smith is a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor in Arizona. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Physiology and a minor in Nutrition. He is also a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He is the founder of the Love your Liver program and Nutrition Detective website.
Dr. Garrett Smith has worked in the medical field for over 15 years. He's also worked in the strength & conditioning fitness industry for 12 years. It was his work in the fitness field that sparked his interest in nutrition.
We discuss the following:
- All about Dr. Garrett Smith
- How liver and bile imbalances can cause health problems
- Bloodwork that can measure bile acid
- All about fatty liver disease
- Thoughts on non-alcoholic fatty liver
- High fat and fatty liver
- Thoughts on cod liver oil
- Thoughts on copper toxicity
- Thoughts on a zero vitamin A diet
- How long does it take to detox from vitamin A?
- Testosterone and vitamin A
- Copper toxicity from IUD
- Thoughts on lactoferrin
- Where to find Dr. Garrett Smith
- Hair Mineral Analysis Test
- Website: https://nutritiondetective.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheNutritionDetective/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nutritiondetective/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NutriDetect
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/nutritiondetective
- Love Your Liver program: https://members.nutritiondetective.com/
- Truths about Vitamin A and Toxicity from Foods part 1: https://youtu.be/vS0eZK5LIkE
- Vitamin A Toxicity part 2: https://youtu.be/6XR80Jgfhfg
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, Carnivore Cure
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
**DISCLAIMER: I am only here to provide support as a nutritional therapy practitioner and I am not providing medical advice. I always recommend working with a team of holistic practitioners, including your PCP and a certified nutritional therapy practitioner. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Head over to paleovalley.com/nwj and get 15% off your first order. Promo code NWJ