WHY SCIENCE NEEDS SPIRITUALITY AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU! Plus a Guided Meditation! Steve Taylor, PhD
IF you’ve ever wanted to make more sense of science and spirituality, and HOW they fit together then do we have the SPIRITUAL SCIENCE show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Steve Taylor, PhD, senior psychology lecturer at Leeds Beckett University the author of numerous books on spirituality and psychology, ranked one of the 100 most spiritually influential living people by Mind body and spirit magazine, and the author of a phenomenal new treatise of science and spirituality, SPIRITUAL SCIENCE.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about a new vision of the world that transcends conventional science and religion, and what it means for us!
Key Points Discussed:
- What did Steve’s family worship (hint, it’s not a religion) growing up?
- How did he first end up experiencing meditation?
- How did meditation change Steve’s world view?
- What is science vs. scientism?
- Is science almost its own religion?
- How are spirituality and science intertwined?
- What is materialism and why is it the predominant world view?
- What is panspiritualism?
- What are the dangers of materialism?
- What are the environmental consequences of materialism?
- What is eco-psychopathology?
- How long has panspiritualism been around?
- What did Plato say about spiritualism and science?
- What’s the indigineous spiritual perspective?
- Is this perspective still around today?
- What is spirit force?
- What does complexity have to do with consciousness?
- What is the mind and how does it differ from the brain?
- Is the mind local to the body?
- What does a full hippocampus have to do with anything?
- What can we learn from near death experiences?
- What are “awakening” experiences?
- What does science say about psychic phenomena?
- What does the research really say about depression?
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive