Want to Be More Consistent? Try This Hack!
Episode #215. I have to be completely honest: hearing the word “consistency” makes me want to break out in hives! It’s safe to say it’s not my favorite thing in the world - especially when it comes to the things that I don’t enjoy doing or don’t necessarily excite me. Thankfully, I’ve hacked my brain into doing the things I would normally dread. In this episode, I’m sharing four strategies that helped me with whatever I’m trying to be consistent with. And would you believe these are born out of my newfound obsession with Wordle?
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Being really specific about what you want to be consistent about and adding some constraint to it
- Adding in a community element, whether it's sharing on social media or an accountability buddy
- Tracking your streak so you can create momentum
- Making it more fun and enjoying the process to it
- Really being intentional to help anchor in that habit
“It’s unrealistic to expect ourselves to be consistent every single day when our bodies are not consistent every single day.”
“I create my business activities and business model in ways where it works with the things that I want to do so I'm not constantly on this uphill battle of things that I don't want to do.“
“There's just extra life and energy that's breathed into the things we do when we go about it with community.”