Want to do, have to do, get to do: which is it?
Are there things on your to-do list you do because you feel obligated to, but that you really don’t like doing? Yeah, we’ve got a few of those, too…
In this episode we’ll share our own personal experiences with obligations - what they are, why we do them, and some different ways of looking at those less-than-ideal to-do’s from a new perspective to make them a little easier to tackle.
Points Discussed in this Episode
- Things we do out of pure obligation - that we don’t want to do. Why do we do them?
- Feeling accomplished after completing an obligation
- Setting boundaries and saying no to things you don’t want to do
- Things we feel obligated to do, but that we also kind of want to do - are these the things that push us outside of our comfort zone?
- Obligations cross-culturally and how those play out
- Things we love doing - period
- Discuss Naval’s question: "A personal metric: how much of the day is spent doing things out of obligation rather than out of interest?"
- Choosing our own path
- Different phases of our lives bringing on different types of obligations
Thank you so much for joining us for this episode where we share our own experiences answering the question: Want to do, have to do, get to do: which is it?
Don’t forget to follow or subscribe to Nicole & Kate Can Relate for more episodes like this one!
Our mission with this podcast is to share a candid convo one time per week to help provide love, support, and space for women to share without judgement, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.