Week 1: “Sit Down, Colin!”
In the first episode of In Session, hosts Dr. Janelle S. Peifer, Ph.D., and Brandon Kyle Goodman discuss the first four episodes of In Treatment. In addition to tackling that huge question: “What is therapy?” Our hosts talk about the messiness of creating and breaking boundaries (as seen between Dr. Brooke and Eladio), and the power dynamics that can develop between therapist and client (we’re looking at you, Colin). This podcast is produced by HBO in conjunction with Pineapple Street Studios.
Here’s a list of resources mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Gutiérrez y Muhs, G., Niemann, Y. F., González, C. G., & Harris, A. P. (2012). Presumed incompetent: The intersections of race and class for women in academia.
- Jamison, K. R. (2015). An unquiet mind: A memoir of moods and madness (Vol. 4). Pan Macmillan.
- Demographics of the U.S. Psychology Workforce: www.apa.org/workforce/data-tools/demographics
- 1.800.662.HELP: SAMSHA National Helpline - mental health + substance use support and resources 24/7/365 (www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline)
- 1.800.273.8255: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - suicide and crisis call and chat based support 24/7/365 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org)
- 1.800.273.TALK or text DBSA to 741.741: Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance - support and resources for depression and bipolar (www.dbsalliance.org)
- 1.866.488.7386: The Trevor Project - text, phone, and chat support, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, and resources for LGBTQ young peope (www.thetrevorproject.org)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.