What’s About to Happen with COVID-19 (with Larry Brilliant)
Andy catches up with the aptly-named Dr. Larry Brilliant, who has spent his life working to eradicate deadly diseases. They discuss why eradication of COVID is not possible, what a long-term COVID plan should include, what future variants may look like, and what vaccine innovations he wants to see and why. Plus, how Delta is similar to the fictional virus Larry helped dream up for the movie Contagion.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Larry @larrybrilliant on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
- Throughout the pandemic, CVS Health has been there, bringing quality, affordable health care closer to home—so it’s never out of reach for anyone. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Here’s more on Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s ban on virtually all vaccine mandates: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/us/texas-governor-covid-vaccine-mandates.html
- Read the article Larry co-wrote called “The Forever Virus”: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-states/2021-06-08/coronavirus-strategy-forever-virus
- Larry advised Seth MacFarlane on the science for this Family Guy vaccine PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ0NgeMHOyQ
- Check out the PBS series Larry mentions called “Extra Life”: https://www.pbs.org/show/extra-life-short-history-living-longer/
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine site near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.