What's the Best Boxed Wine? - Pinkies Up Ep. 10
We are all about destroying wine snobbery and we know boxed wine is popular in many households...including our own. It's convenient to have a box of "house red" for a glass when you don't want to open an entire bottle, or for when unexpected company drops by. We wanted to figure out what the best boxed wine is, so in this episode, we tried 5 different boxed wines to give you our answer!
Here's a list of the wines we tried:
- House Wine Original Red Blend - a blend of Cabernet and Merlot from Washington State. From the producer, "Our vivid Cabernet and Merlot Blend bursts with aromas of juicy red currant, cherry and plums. House Red Blend drives flavors of bright red raspberries to the middle palate and lengthens out with a velvety finish."
- Wine Cube Red Blend - a California red blend. From the producer, "This bodacious boxed vinter's wine acts as the perfect pairing for anything from delicious roasted meats to flavorful pasta dishes."
- Bota Box Nighthawk Rich Red Wine Blend - a bold, dark, jammy red blend from California. From the producer, "Nighthawk Black Rich Red Wine is dark, bold and fruity with aromas and flavors of blackberry pie and bittersweet chocolate, and a smooth lingering finish. As the campfire dies out, the only sounds you may hear are that of nature, like the Nighthawk, on its nightly hunting adventure."
- Shania Organic Monastrell - a little harder to find Spanish wine from a smaller producer. From the producer, "Dark cherry in color, the flavors of cassis and blueberry gain intensity in the mouth. Tannins are fine coupled with a bright acidity to form a solid length and savory finish."
- Black Box Cabernet Sauvignon - a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon from one of the best known box wine producers. From the producer, "Black Box Wines Cabernet Sauvignon is full-bodied, displaying enticing aromas of black currant, toasty oak, and a hint of vanilla. Ripe blackberries and chocolate fill the palate with balanced tannins that lead to a soft, lingering finish."
You may be surprised by Bridget's pick, so listen to our thoughts and let us know if you have a favorite boxed wine. We'd love to hear your feedback!
We hope you enjoyed this episode and if you aren't already, please join us for our weekly Dinner Plus Drinks episodes. You can subscribe and follow along with us on the following channels:
- Watch on YouTube
- Visit our website
- Get links to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite app
- Or email us at: hello /at/ dinnerlusdrinks /dot/ com
Cheers everybody - we'll talk to you soon!