What Wine Should I Drink for Oktoberfest? - Pinkies Up Ep. 12
We love Oktoberfest! When we think Oktoberfest, we usually think of beer, but there is a ton of great German wine that you can drink as well. For this episode, we took on the challenge of finding German wines that you can drink for Oktoberfest.
Most people immediately think of overly sweet Riesling when they think of German wine, but Germany makes a wide range of styles and grapes. Some are really good, some...well...you'll have to listen and here what we think.
Here are the wines that we tried:
- Weingut Robert Weil Riesling Sekt Brut - a sparkling riesling!
- Wittmann Weisser Burgunder - a German Pinot Blanc!
- Weinhaus Hegger Muller Thurgau - an offbeat German white wine!
- Villa Wolf Gewurztraminer - an aromatic wine that reminds Bridget of her husband's grandfather!
- Relax Reisling - a very sweet blue bottle riesling!
- The Daily August Pinot Noir - a light bodied Pinot Noir showing off the good work Germany is doing in Pinot Noir.
- Villa Wolf Dornfelder - a slightly sweet German red wine.
We hope you enjoyed this episode and if you aren't already, please join us for our weekly Dinner Plus Drinks episodes. You can subscribe and follow along with us on the following channels:
- Watch on YouTube
- Visit our website
- Get links to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite app
- Or email us at: hello /at/ dinnerlusdrinks /dot/ com
Cheers everybody - we'll talk to you soon!
Bridget & Nick