What can we invest in?
The beauty of investing is the world of choice that is available to you. Technology has broken down barriers and it has never been easier to access all of the opportunity that is out there. From Australian property to Asian stocks, European bonds to American currency, we can now buy all of these online. With so much opportunity at our fingertips the hardest part is knowing where to start.
So in this episode we break down some of the key assets that you can invest in (and one that you shouldn't!).
In this episode you will learn:
- The definition of an asset and the two functions it plays
- The three most common assets - money, stocks and bonds
- What role money (or cash) plays in your investing portfolio
- The definition of inflation and the risk it plays into your portfolio
- Why stashing cash under your mattress isn't a good investment
- An introduction to the difference between stocks and bonds
- The meaning, and importance of, diversification
- How you can buy other types of assets on the share market
- How you actually make money from these assets
- What a dividend is and how you get it as an investor
- Why stocks are the preferred asset class at Equity Mates
Head to the Get Started Investing website for more info.
Want more? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network - the home of Australia's favourite podcasts. For more information, click here