What is systemic racism?
What is systemic racism? It's hard to define for some and lived daily by others.
On this special episode of the Hear Cincinnati podcast, reporter Lisa Smith is joined by a Zoom panel of community leaders to discuss how racism is rooted in our society and what it will take to bring about healing.
You will hear thoughts from Ellen Katz, CEO of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation; Dr. Kyra Shahid, director of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at Xavier University; Darryl Peal, chief diversity officer at Northern Kentucky University; Christopher Miller, senior director of education and community engagement at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center; and Patricia Pope, CEO & chief creative officer at Pope Consulting.
The panel is included in part along side several other stories in WCPO's special "From Protests to Solutions - The Movement for Change," airing at 7:30 Tuesday night on WCPO 9 and available to stream afterwards.
Later, host Brian Niesz is joined by community reporter Lucy May and senior manager of enterprise/investigative Meghan Goth to discuss the latest news of the week.
- 'From Protests to Solutions - The Movement for Change' airs Tuesday on WCPO
- Nonprofit's injection van helps ensure patients get the medication they need during COVID pandemic
- Why Cincinnati business leaders are working to attract more minority entrepreneurs to the Tri-State
- Vandal targeting houses in College Hill with Black Lives Matter signs
- Dayton PD: Moeller graduate Michael Currin died after falling from a moving truck
- Flying Pigskin: Cincinnati Bengals tie in Philadelphia after 'nobody wanted to win the game'
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.