Where Did All the Money Go?
"Where did all the money go?" It’s a valid question. Join us for the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays, when nationally-recognized professional coder, educator, and auditor Terry Fletcher will provide an answer by discussing a topic not addressed often enough: physician under-coding. The bad habit leads to not getting paid for services provided. Multiply those issues by 20 to 30 patient encounters daily, and it’s little wonder that physicians are missing a ton of money – important and well-earned revenue.
During the pandemic, many physicians just tried to stay afloat with various programs from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS): survival programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), PPP loans, and the Provider Relief Fund (PRF). But now, the focus is on recovery. During the broadcast, Fletcher will offer examples of those missed revenue opportunities, along with the reasons why under-coding occurs.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will have the Talk Ten Tuesdays Coding Report, along with the broadcast’s weekly Listeners Survey.
- Tuesday Focus: Change Coping: Keeping your coding department up-to-date and current on changes and guidelines is always a challenge. Fortunately, there are easy lessons to learn as you’ll discover when Shannon DeConda, founder of the National Association of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS) shares come very practical advice.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on the latest regulatory news coming out of Washington.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.