25. Which One Is Eggteen?
- Rusty is Rusty#1990 on Discord.
- Rusty's Discord bot: https://deepfake-bot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Chris is @MrChrisLHall on Twitter.
- 2:39 Games that are work.
- 12:40 Twitter bots posting photos of people and cats that do not exist
- 17:15 The best way to future proof your job against AI takeover is to get a job that machines are already better at but humans still do it anyway.
- 24:34 Quill asks: "Have you ever seen the different verbal naming systems for hexadecimal? They're all amazing. My favorite numbers are eggteen and chris."
- 28:07 Where do you find folk games? Like Sticks or Contact or Fish Bowl. There must be some really amazing ones out there that I've never heard of.
- 36:55 My recording rig for podcasting
- Live coding an ambient electro set w/ Sonic Pi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1m0aX9Lpts
- The Failure of the iPad. http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2020/01/29/the_failure_of_the_ipad/
- 45:02 When you're old and only remember jokes, the only way to learn new things is to make jokes about them.
- Non-consensually turning a Discord user into a Discord bot.
- A recurring topic on this particular episode.
- Lightly-flavored seltzer water.
- Entering the Konami code at a soda fountain to get the secret flavor.
- Getting tasks in your inbox and doing the tasks and getting more tasks as a reward.
- Not having to take part in the office drama.
- A complete lack of scrum master.
- The fantasy of doing a job and getting fairly compensated.
- The plausibility of having fun at your job.
- Letting others pay the cost of the harm you're doing to the world.
- Loving to play games where you clean up messes while your real life home gets worse and worse.
- Playing a game about a housecleaning robot and deciding doing housework could make you happy in real life too.
- Not falling for it when mom tries to turn cleaning your room into a game.
- Teenagers going out of their way to be helpful in the household.
- Toddlers wanting to do what adults do.
- Finding out 18 years later your theory is correct.
- The lego: nature's caltrop.
- Writing an angry letter to the Lego corporation asking why they don't make squishy legos.
- Wearing only half a pair of glasses.
- Choosing Markov Chains because they work better than Tensorflow.
- Having enough ram to store 1.5 billion floating point values.
- Whether the Dalai Lama has ever used ICQ, and if so why hasn't Jim talked to him.
- Some people running really fast, but not as fast as cars, but we still pay them to do it.
- The emergency board meeting that the CEO of running called when the speed of cars eclipsed the speed of runners.
- Becoming an artisanal trucker on Etsy when computers take your trucking job.
- Decking out your artisanal delivery truck in old-timey neon reminiscent of the 80s when people still had jobs.
- The part of your brain dedicated to determining the gender of the driver who is trying to kill you.
- Being a very chill person except when you're driving alone.
- An angry meditation on driving in heavy traffic.
- The only time your infant son has ever heard you be angry.
- Bringing your date to see Black Swan without realizing it's secretly a horror movie.
- Just waiting for the great black scary bird to show up.
- Pronouncing 1E as "Eggteen."
- Knowing your pointer is a bad pointer when it's pointing to DEADBEEF.
- Magic numbers such as 0xDECAFC0FFEE15BAD.
- Michael Jackson moonwalking on the moon.
- That feeling when you find that the altar is co-aligned in Minetown in Nethack.
- Playing tag but not knowing who invented it.
- Having water at home but trying not to brag about it.
- A really inefficient way of getting at musicking.
- Choosing a software package because you just download and run it without doing a bunch of sysadmin bullshit.
- Being frustrated that there are still some things you can do on a computer but not on a phone.
- Having an example that you wanted to use but not being able to remember what it was.
- Remembering what a word means because you once imagined a monkey saying it.
- Deliberately cracking yourself up so you can remember Bob's last name.
- Thinking of the time I thought your name was "Blob."
- Only remembering to buy the funniest items on your grocery list.
- Memorizing your grocery list and then being stuck with the same grocery list for the rest of your life.
- The persistent allure of a shelf of physical media even in the era of digital downloads.
- Being intrigued by Bee Simulator but not being $48 intrigued.
- Bee dances that are sufficiently expressive to articulate game reviews.
- Git cloning the mind of someone with a good memory so you can remember things better.
- Only being able to remember monkeys brachiating, but remembering the hell out of it.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store