DiscoverDr. Berg’s Healthy Keto and Intermittent Fasting PodcastWhy Does Saudi Arabia Have Such a Vitamin D Problem?
Why Does Saudi Arabia Have Such a Vitamin D Problem?

Why Does Saudi Arabia Have Such a Vitamin D Problem?

Update: 2020-05-26
Share

Description

Today let’s talk about Saudi Arabia and vitamin D. 




There was a meta-analysis between 2008 and 2015 that demonstrated that 63.5% of the population had a vitamin D deficiency. On top of that, 19.9% of the population had vitamin D insufficiency (a subclinical vitamin D deficiency). Together, this is 83.4% of the population that had a problem with vitamin D. 




Saudi Arabia is also:


 • 7th in the world for the rate of getting type 2 diabetes


 • 4th in the world for the rate of getting type 1 diabetes




84% of the type of 1 diabetes cases in children showed a vitamin D deficiency. So, why is this such problem in Saudi Arabia? Well, there is traditional clothing typically worn in Saudi Arabia, that blocks the sun. But, there are other factors as well. Only 10% of the vitamin D you get comes from your diet. It’s almost impossible to get all of the vitamin D you need from your diet. 




Vitamin D deficiency symptoms:


 • Fatigue 


 • Depression


 • Diabetes


 • Inflammation


 • Aches 


 • High blood pressure 


 • Weak immunity 




It may be beneficial, especially for those in Saudi Arabia, to start taking vitamin D supplements. If you do take vitamin D supplements, you may also want to take vitamin K2. For every 10,000 IUs of vitamin D3, consider taking 100 mcg of vitamin K2. 




Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:


Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional & natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government & the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.




DR. BERG'S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/


Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg


Send a Message to Dr. Berg and his team: https://www.messenger.com/t/drericberg


TWITTER: http://twitter.com/DrBergDC


DR. BERG'S VIDEO BLOG: https://www.drberg.com/blog


YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/drericberg123


ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio


DR. BERG'S STORY: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/story


DR. BERG'S HEALTH COACHING TRAINING: https://www.drberg.com/weight-loss-coach


DR. BERG'S REVIEWS: https://www.drberg.com/reviews

Comments 
00:00
00:00
x

0.5x

0.8x

1.0x

1.25x

1.5x

2.0x

3.0x

Sleep Timer

Off

End of Episode

5 Minutes

10 Minutes

15 Minutes

30 Minutes

45 Minutes

60 Minutes

120 Minutes

Why Does Saudi Arabia Have Such a Vitamin D Problem?

Why Does Saudi Arabia Have Such a Vitamin D Problem?

Dr. Eric Berg