Why Get Into Competitive Programming?
We step away from our microservices deployments to meet around the water cooler and discuss the things on our minds, while Joe is playing Frogger IRL, Allen “Eeyores” his way to victory, and Michael has some words about his keyvoard, er, kryboard, leybaord, ugh, k-e-y-b-o-a-r-d!
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode166.
- Datadog – Sign up today for a free 14 day trial and get a free Datadog t-shirt after creating your first dashboard.
- Clubhouse – Project management has never been easier. Check out how Clubhouse (soon to be Shortcut) is project management without all the management.
- The threats worked and we got new reviews! Thank you to everyone that left a review:
- iTunes: ArcadeyGamey, Mc’Philly C. Steak, joby_h
- Audible: Jake Tucker
- Atlanta Code Camp is right around the corner on October 9th. Stop by the CB booth and say hi! (AtlantaCodeCamp.com)
Water Cooler Gossip > Office Memos
- Are you interested in competitive programming?
- Michael gives a short term use review of his Moonlander.
- Spring makes Java better.
Resources We Like
- CoRecursive episode 65: From Competitive Programming to APL With Conor Hoekstra (corecursive.com)
- Competitive Programming – A Complete Guide (GeeksForGeeks.org)
- Algorithms (GeeksForGeeks.org)
- Get started solving problems on Code Chef (CodeChef.com)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (CodeChef.com)
- Introduction to Dynamic Programming 1 (HackerEarth.com)
- Enhance your skills, expand your knowledge, and prepare for technical interviews with LeetCode. (LeetCode.com)
- Getting started with Competitive Programming – Build your algorithm skills (dev.to)
- ZSA Moonlander (zsa.io)
- Spring Framework Documentation (docs.spring.io)
- Spring Expression Language (SpEL) (docs.spring.io)
- RethinkDB, the open-source database for the realtime web. (RethinkDB.com)
Tip of the Week
- Learn C the Hard Way: Practical Exercises on the Computational Subjects You Keep Avoiding (Like C) by Zed Shaw (Amazon)
- With Windows Terminal installed:
- In File Explorer, right click on or in a folder and select Open in Windows Terminal.
- Right click on the Windows Terminal icon to start a non-default shell.
- SonarLint is a free and open source IDE extension that identifies and helps you fix quality and security issues as you code. (SonarLint.org)
docker buildxto create custom builders. Just be sure to call
docker buildx stopwhen you’re done with it. (Docker docs: docker buildx, docker buildx stop)