Why Having a Home on the Web Matters
It is so important to have you're own domain name and Web site. Especially if you are thinking of building a brand or e-commerce. In this episode, I am going to give you very good reasons why you need to do this and not use a third party as you're home on the Web.
- It will always be there for as long as you keep it live.
- You get to control how it looks and all other aspects of the site.
- You are free to change your mind at any time and take it in another direction.
- You are not relying on a service that might go paid or disappear at some point. For example, many of the social networks that now no longer exist.
- You are not dependent on a third party company and their privacy rules and how they use your data.
- Users know exactly where to find you.
- You can use the site and domain as a jumping point to anywhere else you want to direct people.
- You can use services to see metrics and learn from your users what is working and what is not. This is invaluable data.
- You can gather user information via forms and/or emails and start a two way conversation.
- If you decide to sell goods or services, you are free to implement that the way you want it to be.
- You are not forced to display advertising or other distractions based on the desires of another company.
- You get to provide the experience to visitors and potential customers exactly the way you want it to be.
Support this Podcast and my other work on Patreon, I would very much appreciate it.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/peter-witham/support