Why PMs Should Be More Involved In Architecture w/ Greg Prickril - Founder of Career.PM and former Sr. PM at IBM, Microsoft, and SAP
On today's episode, I sat down with Greg Prickril, Founder of Career.PM and Prickril Consulting and former Senior PM at IBM, Microsoft and SAP.
In this discussion, Greg shares why PMs should be much more involved with architecture than we probably think we should. Here's some of the points we discussed:
- Architecture impacts the business in ways we won't know until it happens
- We can miss out on doing the things we should be doing in our products if we haven't given architecture the consideration upfront that we should have
- How to get involved in architecture whether it's a new product or an existing one
- Greg considers the architecture of our products as analgous to the frame of a house. If it's not right, the whole thing will eventually crumble
- How to get started in understanding architecture, even if you're not technical
- The most underutilized resource in your building
- How to have the most productive conversations with architects
Go to pmfont.com to find great resources on architecture to get started. You'll find many other great resources there too!
Don't forget to check out career.pm and the great resources there!
Connect with Greg on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregprickril/
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/productmanagementlessons/message