Why Sucking the Venom from a Snake Bite Doesn't Work; Do This Instead
You get bit by a snake, your first reaction is: try and suck the venom out? Catch the snake that bit you? Run around panicking that you just got bit? If you answered yes or any of these then you congratulations, you don't know how to treat a snake bite! But don't worry, we explain what the experts suggest you do. We also cover popular myths and misconceptions about peeing on a jellyfish sting and Lauren tells a tale about how a tiny bee sting almost lead to her needing surgery.
- You can support our show by becoming a Patreon member - your support helps keep our show ad-free.
- Want to interact with us live? Follow us on Twitch! Click here to watch our channel trailer.
- Visit our website for blog posts, YouTube videos, and more!
- Find us on social: @justnascience for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Have a question, episode idea, or another business inquiry? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast theme song: Like an Idiot by Sven Karlsson
- Music licensed through Epidemic Sound
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/justnascience/support