Why Tracking Your Blood Sugar Can Transform Your Health with Noosheen Hashemi
What if you could get health advice that was completely tailored to your unique body? Forget the generalized blanket statements, like “Eat less, exercise more.” I’m talking about actual guidance based on massive amounts of data that can help you optimize your diet and lifestyle for real, maintainable results. This is the future of medicine, and it will be more precise than ever before. It might sound too futuristic or out of reach, but artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are getting us there, and we’re already seeing amazing health implications for those that are utilizing these technologies.
In this episode, I talk about the exciting breakthroughs in health-focused AI and what the future holds with Noosheen Hashemi. Noosheen Hashemi is a Silicon Valley tech veteran, entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. She is the founder and CEO of January AI, a precision health tech company that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to prevent, predict, and manage chronic disease. January AI is Noosheen’s answer to a healthcare industry that seemed to only address decline and disease, rather than prevention and progress; January AI partners with people to understand their body and optimize it for health and longevity. In 2021, January AI was honored by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer.
Noosheen also guides a family office that includes diverse investments in over 100 companies and venture capital funds. She is the founder of the HAND Foundation, focused on supporting scholars and organizations that promote discourse and socioeconomic growth among the disenfranchised. She is a Harold Pratt Associate at the Council on Foreign Relations and serves on the advisory boards of Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, and Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
This episode is brought to you by Kettle & Fire, Beekeeper’s Naturals, and Athletic Greens.
Right now, you can get 25% off Kettle & Fire bone broth plus free shipping with code HYMAN. Just head over to kettleandfire.com/hyman. That’s kettle and fire dot com slash Hyman.
Right now, Beekeeper’s Naturals is giving my community an exclusive offer. Just go to beekeepersnaturals.com/HYMAN and enter code “HYMAN” to get 20% off your first order.
Athletic Greens is offering Doctor’s Farmacy listeners a full year supply of their Vitamin D3/K2 Liquid Formula free with your first purchase, plus 5 free travel packs. Just go to athleticgreens.com/hyman to take advantage of this great offer.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- Noosheen’s journey into using data and AI to drive change in the healthcare space (6:33 )
- Using multiomics, or multivariate decision making, to understand health and disease (12:47 )
- Food: the missing piece of data in precision health (15:44 )
- Artificial intelligence vs. machine learning (17:37 )
- Using machine learning to better understand glycemic load and assist people in keeping their blood sugar stable (19:48 )
- Moving away from one-size-fits-all medicine (25:46 )
- The future of healthcare, continuous health monitoring, personalized health, and precision nutrition (30:03 )
- What can AI do for our health? (40:30 )
- The future of wearable technology, including the need for insulin monitors (46:12 )
- What we can learn from China about using AI to solve for population health issues (52:45 )
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.