Why in the World Do You Own Bonds?
With interest rates rising does it still make sense to own bonds? Yes. This episode explores the role of bonds including why they are more effective at hedging stock losses than protective put options.
Topics covered include:
- David's business and investment philosophy
- How bond funds have performed in 2021
- Three disparate views on the direction of interest rates from Capital Economics, Ray Dalio, and Hoisington Investment Management Company
- How to invest in China bonds
- Why owning bonds is cheaper and more effective at hedging stock market losses than put options
- How covered call strategies work
- How to decide on your allocation to bonds versus stocks
Thanks to Mint Mobile for sponsoring the episode.
For more information on this episode click here.