Why is Sales Enablement Strategy crucial for your business?
You are running a marathon. You must be at the start line at 6 am in the morning and when you get there, there is just one person standing behind an empty table. They seem to be there as the organizers, not one of the runners. You approach them.
- Where is everyone? Is the race cancelled?
- No. Everyone else is already running.
- Where to?!.?.. you ask
- It doesn’t matter really…. Everyone tries to be first by running as fast as possible to wherever they think it’s the best destination.
- So, there is no clear route or destination?
- No, we are too busy getting everyone to run. So, run!!!
If that is how you hire and employ your customer-facing team...read on.
I have spent the past few years of my career working in sales-related roles and I realized how crucial it is to have a goal, a vision, a strategy, a plan...
You would be surprised how many times I speak to leaders, managers and bosses who have no idea where the decision they are making is leading them to...
It is like guessing. But it doesn't have to be this way.
Without knowing your destination, how can you plan and measure your decisions and activities? This is a big loss for every business and sales team.
The challenge is that hiring a Sales Enablement manager won’t guarantee that your sales team will achieve the desired results. There are a few reasons for this - but the main one is deploying Sales Enablement initiatives that have vague objectives and not closely linked with the outcomes of the organisation as a whole.
Why Sales and Enablement Strategy matters?
This is why in the past few years I spend a lot of time understanding business strategy and how it can be applied in Sales and Sales Enablement.
The strategy of your business is the spine that runs throughout most of the activities you are doing, such as how you:
- recruit and build your customer-facing teams
- develop training, onboarding and continuous education programs
- run effective coaching and mentoring programs
- implement the right sales methodologies and processes
Would you like to learn more about Sales Enablement Strategy and how to develop and implement one for your business?
Visit salesenablementstrategist.com to see how we can help you or message me directly.