Windows Package Manager: Winget v1.0 | Tabs vs Spaces
Windows Package Manager enables you to find and install apps with the winget command line tool, as well as a means of distributing apps and tools for publishers. Demitrius Nelon joins the show to tell us more.
This episode covers:
- [00:00 ] Demitrius Nelon introduces us to Windows Package Manager
- [00:21 ] What is Windows Package Manager? Is it the same as winget?
- [00:49 ] How do I install winget and use it to find and install apps?
- [03:52 ] What are some of the more advanced winget commands I may want to know about?
- [06:58 ] How can I add my app or tool so that it's available to winget users?
- [10:27 ] How can I contribute? What's on your roadmap?
- [14:25 ] Where can I learn more?
- Windows Package Manager docs
- Windows Package Manager Community GitHub repo (submit packages)
- Windows Package Manager Client GitHub repo (source code for winget)
- Follow Demitrius Nelon on Twitter
- Follow Windows Docs on Twitter
- Submit feedback for Windows Package Manager (winget) on Feedback Hub
- Windows Command Line Blog
- More Tabs vs Spaces episodes