With all the fad diets out there, how can you find what works for you? Let me show you how food can be a form of self love!
How Nourishing Your Body Can Be a Form of Self-Love with Tara Rochford, RDN
Self-love means taking care of yourself in the best way possible, so that you can show up as the best version of you. It makes sense then that a good, wholesome, and nutritious diet would form a part of your self-love practice. Today’s guest is on a mission to share with the world that nourishing foods are delicious and comforting for the soul and should never be tasteless or bland! Tara Rochford, RDN, is a registered dietitian, recipe developer, and healthy living blogger. She writes on her website, Tara Rochford Nutrition, where she shares simple and delicious recipes, science-backed nutrition information, and tips for helping individuals find their version of healthy. Tuning in, you’ll hear from Tara as she explains why nourishing your body can be a form of self-love and she shares some of her secret mom hacks for getting your family fed and feeding yourself a little bit better. From mental health to pain management, Tara believes that nutrition can help us in so many ways, so make sure to tune in to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
• Hear about the differences between a dietician and a nutritionist.
• What led Tara to becoming a registered dietician, starting with a school project.
• Tara talks about her experience of family dinner; how it sets the foundation for healthy habits.
• The value of encouraging discussion about how food tastes, smells, and makes you feel.
• How being a new mom has altered Tara’s perspective, including being more forgiving.
• How constant exposure can help foods become more palatable for kids with food aversions.
• Why adult nutrition has to be individualized based on unique goals, preferences, and cultures.
• Just eat the vegetables; it doesn’t matter if they are pre-cut, frozen, or whole.
• Why you should curate what works for you from general dietary guidelines.
• From mental health to pain management, Tara believes nutrition can help with everything.
• The importance of being mindful and present.
• While self-love and self-care are depicted as bubble baths, for Tara it’s also prepping food for herself or her daughter.
• Why prepping ahead is key for lunchtime meals especially.
• What Tara’s self-love routine looks like, from prioritizing sleep to writing an hourly to-do list.
• How Tara stays inspired in the kitchen by trying new things from cookbooks.
• How Tara’s business has been impacted by the pandemic, when people are cooking at home more than ever.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)