Women in Ministry - Brenda Leavenworth & Krista Fox
Welcome to the Cultivate Church Planting Podcast. Today, I’m talking with Brenda Leavenworth and Krista Fox about women in church planting. Brenda is founder and president of the “When She Leads” ministry and is married to pastor Ted Leavenworth of Reliance Church in Temecula, California. Krista and her family were missionaries in the Amazonian region of Brazil. She and her husband Kyle planted a church there, and Krista leads a ministry dedicated to helping individuals involved in human trafficking.
Today We'll be discussing the contributions that women make to church planting, the challenges that women face in leadership, and how we can better equip women for ministry. We'll also talk about the future of women in the CGN network as we look to plant 1,000 churches.
This is a must-listen episode for anyone who is interested in learning more about the role of women in church planting.
Some of the topics we discuss on today’s episode:
• How Brenda and Krista got started in church planting
• The challenges they've faced as women in church leadership.
• The importance of getting women involved in leadership and ministry.
• How to counsel a woman who is in a church or church planting team where her gifts and talents aren't utilized.
• The vision for women in the CGN network.
• How to avoid the dangers of an overemphasis on women in ministry.
So, whether you're a woman who is interested in church planting, a pastor who wants to get more women involved in leadership, or just someone who is interested in learning more about women in ministry, this episode is for you.
Thanks for listening!
When She Leads - https://whensheleads.org/
The Leadership Collective Podcast - https://churchleadershipcollective.com/
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cultivatechurchplanting/support