Women of Color in Tech
Susanne Tedrick (@SusanneTedrick, Author “Women of Color in Tech”, @IBM Technical Specialist) talks about the importance of STEM for young girls. the need for mentors and sponsors, and how to better create opportunities for women of color in tech.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- BMC Wants to Know if your business is on its A-Game
- BMC Autonomous Digital Enterprise
- CloudAcademy -Build hands-on technical skills. Get measurable results.
- Get 50% of the monthly price of CloudAcademy by using code CLOUDCAST
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- Susanne Tedrick (homepage)
- Women of Color in Tech - A Blueprint for Inspiring and Mentoring the Next Generation of Technology Innovators (book)
- Guide to Good Allyship
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Before we get into our discussion today, tell us about your background and some of the areas that you’re passionate about.
Topic 2 - For a lot of people, we’re trying to do more listening and learning these days. Let’s talk about women of color in tech.
Topic 3 - As you now have this platform, what are some of the most common and most surprising conversations you’re having these days?
Topic 4 - The book provides a number of examples of women in a variety of technical positions (leaders, engineers, pioneers, etc.). Tell us how important it is to see somebody that looks like you in positions you aspire to be in some day.
Topic 5 - You do an excellent job of talking about women’s journey from early life to careers in tech. Every journey has hills and valleys and roadblocks. What are some of the roadblocks that other people could help women overcome and be more successful?
Topic 6 - What are your favorite resources for people at different stages of their journeys - events, communities, mentors/sponsors, etc.?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet