Words matter: Calling psychiatry patients by their disease
Medical Muggle Nick Andrews and Emi Okamoto, MD, discuss a new survey about using the appropriate language when referring to patients. They also get into how banning sugary drinks went over at one California institution and talk about what physicians need to know about CBD.
Help us improve this podcast!
Please click here to take this short listener survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/podcastsurveyOct2019
The interview this week is with Elisabeth Poorman, MD, MPH. Dr. Poorman is a clinical instructor of medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- Sugary drink ban (01:22)
- Cardiologists and diabetes (03:51)
- Calling patients by their disease (06:41)
- What you need to know about CBD (11:21)
- Interview with Dr. Poorman (18:27)
- UCSF Bans Sugary Drinks (Medscape)
- Cardiologists and treating diabetes (Medscape)
- Referring to patients by their disease (Medscape)
- What you need to know about CBD (MDedge)
- Elisabeth Poorman, MD, MPH:
For more MDedge Podcasts, go to mdedge.com/podcasts.