You Have to Shake it Off (& Keep Moving Forward) (Acts 28:1-6)
POINT #1 Every Follower Of Jesus is in the Plan of God and on a Divine Mission
APPLICATION #1 A follower of Jesus on divine mission “picks up sticks” to the benefit others and the cause of Christ!
POINT #2 A Follower Of Jesus Will Experience Opposition!
APPLICATION #2 What Is The Lord Calling You To Shake Off? Is it...
- Discouragement—I’m ready to give up. (“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9 “This I call to my mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:21–23
- Resentment—I can’t forgive. (“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13)
- Fear—I’m filled with insecurity. (“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7)
- Isolation—I am all alone. (“I [the Lord] will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5)
- Guilt—I am filled with shame. (“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1)
- Failure—I can’t picture future success. (“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37)
- Stress—I am overwhelmed by life’s pressures. (“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37)
- Stress—I am overwhelmed by life’s pressures. (“In this world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33)
- Weary—I am weak and exhausted. (“The Lord is the strength of my life.” Psalm 27:1)
- Opposition—I am under attack from the enemy. (“The one who is in you is greater than the one that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4)
- Confusion—I lack wisdom and don’t know what to do. (“God generously gives wisdom to those who ask Him for it.” James 1:5)