eR 29 | The Story of Philosophy
Philosophy is often viewed as a field of isolation, or the literal ivory tower. The word is seen as a big word, a fancy word, used by the elite, arrogant, and out of touch.
That’s not what I’m doing here.
Philosophy is the story of humanity and the history of ideas, and it’s meant for everyone.
This episode is my attempt to answer three basic questions about philosophy.
What is Philosophy?
- object, and subject – 1:50
- the line, and the glue – 5:04
- letters and representation – 6:50
- if it is not anything… – 8:11
How is Philosophy Useful?
- we always face this choice – 10:02
- yet we exist in two worlds – 11:20
- recurrence, and rise – 13:02
Why is Philosophy Important?
- if why, then anything – 14:47
- a foundation – 17:34
- time… – 19:29
- … and space – 20:58
- the road to heaven – 23:03
- so look down – 24:29
- and look up – 24:57
- vine, and fig tree – 25:27