Lords this week:
- Jenni is on Twitter as @horsewizrd and wants you to back Aaron Reed's Subcutanea: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/subcutanean-a-novel-where-each-copy-is-different#/
- Chris is a social media ghost.
- 1:46 There are SO MANY VEGETABLES when you peek outside cultural silos. SO MANY that we don't use or know about.
- 8:25 Concrete pipes stacked in vacant lots becoming the warp pipe.
- I Am Error, by Nathan Altice: https://mitpress.mit.edu/contributors/nathan-altice
- The Surprising History of the Warp Pipe: https://reichanjapan.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/the-surprising-history-of-the-warp-pipe/
- The Enigma of Amigara Fault: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyo#%22The_Enigma_of_Amigara_Fault%22
- 16:45 Recurring segment: Jim's Baby Thigh Thickness Watch?
- 23:48 ZZT
- The Museum of ZZT: https://museumofzzt.com/
- Jim's interview at the Museum of ZZT: https://museumofzzt.com/article/201/an-interview-with-jim-crawford-frog-fractions-2-and-zzt
- Where Are The Cowboys??? https://museumofzzt.com/file/w/Cowboys.zip
- Funny Kumquat: https://funnykumquat.blogspot.com/2011/10/jokes.html
- Shrek Retold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM70TROZQsI
- Star Wars Uncut: https://vimeo.com/34948855
- "Our future selves are strangers to us." https://slate.com/technology/2017/04/why-people-are-so-bad-at-thinking-about-the-future.html
- 41:16 Creative work (writing especially) looks like you're doing nothing, from the outside, a lot of the time. True for other creatives?
- 47:23 Food As Revenge
- 53:01 The "Only" comma
- False promises about updating a podcast in-place.
- Finding a creepy lemon hand in the Safeway lying there like a monkey's paw.
- Finding citrus fruit in the toilet.
- Finding talking fruit in the toilet.
- Whether the toilet is a dish or a soup.
- Accidentally paying $11 for cashew milk.
- Asking the cashier to remove a weird squash.
- Distracting the cashier with pictures of missing nuts.
- The nut abduction clinic.
- A grape that you have to peel like a shrimp.
- A grape that is constantly pooping itself.
- Writing grants for prawn farmers.
- Draining the entire pond to grab all the prawns.
- Sound re-use in Super Mario Bros.
- Tropes that are boring in Japan but still interesting in other cultures.
- King of the Hill being a relatable honor story about a salaryman.
- Misutā Supākoru.
- Imitation concrete pipes that won't roll over and crush you.
- Being too socially inept to realize you're being excluded.
- Trying to kill half your friends but only in retrospect.
- The Goat Simulator stage of baby development.
- The Goat Simulator stage of game development.
- Being at the pinnacle of your child body.
- Realizing halfway through the creative process that you should've been writing a novel.
- Dying and giving a soliloquy about so dying representative democracy.
- Having pages of justification for why you're covered with nipples.
- The story about missing cowboys actually being about North Korea.
- Not wanting to share your kumquat jokes.
- Explaining a meme from 2010 to your grandchildren.
- Sisqo playing a love interest dentist.
- Replacing the love interest in the sequel.
- Hangover 2 just having another hangover in it.
- Making friends with Mexican paramilitary organizations to save the world.
- Raising your child on a diet of guns and kung fu before the government takes him away.
- The most woke Shrek movie.
- Deciding whether you want to hear "All Star" literally all the time.
- Moving pieces of paper around and not being sure you're making anything better.
- Being yelled at by your sister to wash potatoes faster.
- Your yelling sister following you from job to job.
- A sandwich being well beyond your cognitive load.
- Ordering a viking at Subway.
- Eating the devil given physical form every Wednesday for lunch.
- Writing summoning words in your sandwich order.
- Thinking of the exact same demon as your guest lord.
- Writing an entire sentence with no commas at all because commas make you pretentious.
- Putting a period in your minimalist font because you have to be able to refer to "Dr. Awesome."
- Agreeing that "UPS" is a one-syllable word.
- That one Finnish word that Jim still uses regularly.
- Singing "Finnish Affectation" to the tune of "Wave of Mutilation"
- Legislature that would force corporations to pay ongoing rent for the space their jingles take up in your brain.
- Getting scurvy to cure your trench mouth.
- Trading your oral health for the opportunity to make weird troll games for a living.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store