stop killing mothers in 2022 and beyond (#6)
Please enjoy episode 6 of “Unbridled Expression with Kymberlee della Luce”! In this episode, I talk about my intention for 2022, use books as a type of tarot reading for you, give a review of the new Maggie Gyllenhall film, talk about being a complicated mother, and more.
Mentioned in this show:
- The extraordinary Netflix film The Lost Daughter by director Maggie Gyllenhall based on the book of the same name by Elena Ferrante.
- I read my poem, "Sometimes" that I opened my 2012 show Unbridled with.
- Recommend the song, "Get it Girl, You Go" by Laura Bell Bundy, Shoshana Bean & Anika Noni Rose.
- Quote Francis Bacon.
- Read from and recommend the book Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
- Read from and recommend the book The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van Der Kolk.
- I also mention my introduction the concept of "hot house mothering" in the book Women and Desire: Beyond Wanting to Be Wanted by Polly Young-Eisendrath, PhD.
- Put out a call to storytellers everywhere to stop killing mothers.
- Tell me what you loved or disagreed or anything else you’ve got for me @kdellaluce on Twitter or on kymberleedellaluce.com in the comments.
- Sign up for “The Sunday 6” (Kymberlee’s free weekly email newsletter):
- Follow Kymberlee della Luce on INSTAGRAM.
Sometimes I use affiliate links but only for stuff I truly recommend. FYISupport the show (https://paypal.me/UnbridledExpression)
Get full access to Kymberlee della Luce at kymberleedellaluce.substack.com/subscribe