Troubleshooting & Help
When this stop/pause issue happens, please check
1) if the app is running in the foreground or the background?
2) whether you are streaming the episodes online or not?
3) if the answer to question 2) is online, are you using mobile data or WIFI?
4) if you use mobile data, please stream them using WIFI or test to play the downloaded episodes in offline mode, to see that it’s not paused due to a weak Internet connection.
5) if you’re using your device’s battery-saving mode?
6) if you’re using any cache-clearing or power-saving apps?
7) please locate this issue first, and then next time when this issue happens, please go to the app “Personal” page- “About”- “Contact us”- “Submit report via email…”, and send us an email in this way.
8) if it stops while you play the downloaded episodes, please send us some screenshots or a recorded video. We will further look into it.
If you are using Pixel series and the app stops while the phone is locked, please go to the phone Settings – Apps & notifications – Castbox – Battery – Battery optimization – All apps – Castbox, and set it as “Don’t optimize”. For other phones, please check if there are similar settings on your phones, and please reach us at email@example.com with your phone model and Android system version.
1) Please go to “Settings”- “Auto download” to check if this feature is enabled for the podcasts you’d like to download automatically. Please send the screenshots of your settings of this feature to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If the app is not allowed to run in the background, this feature won’t work; if the app is only allowed to be used on WiFi, only when you connect to Wifi, will this feature work.
3) If the Internet connection is good and the app can run in the background, this feature will work well.
Please do not worry, the “Auto delete” feature will work in 1 hour after this episode is played 100%.
Please go to the “Settings” – “Mobile data usage”, enable the features of “Stream” and/or “Download”, then this warning won’t appear anymore.
1) Please go to your phone Settings – Applications – Castbox, and check if Castbox is allowed to use your SD card/storage permission/media permission.
2) Please reach us at email@example.com, and send more detail regarding your issue.
Please go to your phone Settings- Applications- Google Play services, and check its version. If it’s not the newest version, please update it. Please tell us more detail regarding your issue by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can go to the app Personal page – Go Premium – Get 7 days free, after subscribing to the premium version, you can feel free to subscribe to more; if you’d like to cancel this subscription before it formally charges, please go to the Google Play app – Account – Subscriptions – Manage – Cancel subscription. After canceling it, all of your subscriptions (more than 100) could still be displayed in your subscription list.
1) Check if you have enough storage space.
2) Send an email with the details of this issue to email@example.com.
In the “Channel Info” page, you can click the “three lines and an arrow” button under the “COMMENTS” icon to change the order of the episode list; in the “Channel Setting” page (the three vertical button on the top right corner of the “Channel Info” page), there is a “Play” button for you to change “Top to Bottom” or “Bottom to Top”, which is to change the playback order, not the order of the episode list. For example, there are 3 episodes in a channel, you choose the play order as “Bottom to Top”, then you play from the 3rd episode, after finishing this one, the 2nd episode will be played continuously. For more info, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For users who are using Android 7.1 and above, the shortcut feature is supported by pressing and holding the Castbox icon on your phone – four shortcuts options will appear – “Subscribed”, “Downloaded”, “Playlist” and “New Releases”. You can add them as shortcuts on your home screen, and click to directly access different sections.
Go to “Settings” -> “Region (Language)”, and select your preferred country/language.
Go to “Settings” -> “Linked Accounts”, and select your account to log in.
Go to “Settings” -> “Mobile Data Usage”, and turn the options (Stream and Download) off. You can also choose to go to your phone’s mobile data settings, and disable Castbox to use your mobile data.
Go to “Settings” -> “Notification Settings” -> Select which kind of notifications you want to receive, including E-mail notifications (Castbox newsletters) and Push notifications (Suggested content, Replies to your comments, New episodes, Podcasts).
Go to “Settings”-> “Dark Theme”, and enable it.
You can disable the autoplay feature by going to the “Next up” (a button with a musical note on the playback bar) – the button on the top right corner of the “Next up” page and choose “Exit at end of episode”.
If you’d like to enable the autoplay feature, you can change the mode by clicking the button (as described above). There are three modes:
1) Repeat off. This means that if you have 30 episodes in the “Next up” list and start to play from episode 5, it will play from episode 5 to 30.
2) Repeat all. This means that if you have 30 episodes in the “Next up” list and start to play from episode 5, it will play from 5 to 30, then circle back to play from 1-4, ending at 4.
3) Exit at end of episode. If you finish playing the current episode, no other episodes will continue to play.
Please watch this video for your reference. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eCIaYK9iC710C-qLCgOKQSRqXyP4kaJM
Go to “Settings” -> “Episode Skip”. Turn ON to allow the forward button on your external control (i.e. headset or car) to skip to the next episode.
Go to “Settings” -> “Pause for Interruptions”, turn it on, and the player will pause for alerts, navigation instructions, etc. from other apps.
Go to “Settings” -> “Lock Screen Player”, turn it on, and choose which theme you’d like to use.
Go to “Settings” -> “Auto delete episodes from Playlist”. This Auto Delete setting will automatically remove finished episodes from your Playlist.
Go to “Settings” -> “Skip played episodes” and turn it on — this way, only unplayed episodes will appear in your playlist.
Go to “Settings” -> “Headphone Remote” and turn it on. Click the play/pause button once to play and pause the episode. Double click to fastforward by 30 seconds, and triple click to rewind by 10 seconds.
Go to “Settings” -> “Auto Download”, enable it and choose the podcasts you would like to download automatically.
Go to “Settings” -> “Auto Delete Played Episodes”. This Auto Delete setting will remove downloaded episodes after they finish playing.
Go to “Settings” -> “Change Storage Location” to select either “Internal Storage” or “SD card”.
Export your subscriptions from your secondary podcast app as an .opml file. On Castbox, go to “Settings” -> “OPML Import”, and select “Import from Other Podcast Apps”. Select your .opml file from earlier. Select the channels you would like to import onto Castbox, then click “Confirm” to complete the transfer.
Go to “Settings” -> “OPML Export”, click it, and your OPML file will be downloaded and exported successfully.
To subscribe, search for the channel you want to subscribe to and click on the button that says “Subscribe.” To unsubscribe, go to the “Subscribed” page where you’ll see a list of subscribed channels. Select the channel you want to unsubscribe and click on the grey “Subscribed” button.
Copy and paste an RSS feed or the iTunes link to a specific podcast into the search bar to enable subscription via RSS.
Try the “Tags” feature. Please click to enter the “Channel Info” page of a channel – three vertical dots on the top right corner – “Settings” – “Tag”, create a new tag or add it to the existing tags. You can add other channels to this tag in the same way. You can check out your channels by going to the “Subscribed” tab to locate your tags.
The “Tags” feature is also available for the “Downloads” and “New Releases” sections now. For example, you can create a tag named “Favorites,” enable the “Auto download” feature for the podcasts under this tag, then easily track the newly released episodes from these subscribed podcasts by going to the “Subscribed” tab, “Downloads” and “New releases” sections.
The Tag function is perfect for users who want to have multiple Playlists. Easily toggle between tags under Downloads and New Releases to cater to your listening needs.
1) To comment on a channel: go to the “Channel Info” page, you’ll see a “Comments” button right under the “Subscribe” icon.
2) To comment on an episode: play an episode, and in the playback page, click on the “Comments” option to leave a comment.
Castbox has a zero tolerance policy for inappropriate comments. If you see any, simply click on the “More” button next to the comment and select the “Report” option. The Castbox team will review any reported comment and remove offensive comments as soon as possible.
Channels and Episodes
Click on any episode to access an episode-specific description. You can also add it to your favorites and playlist, download, and share it.
Click on the episode’s cover photo to begin playing the episode.
Simply select the episode or channel you would like to share, and click on the “Share” button to view sharing options.
Yes, if you have already downloaded the episodes, they’ll be available in your downloads even if you can’t get WiFi. You can access your downloads by going to the “Listen” page and clicking on “Downloads.”
Yes, if you know the name or link of the Channel you would like us to add, please email us at email@example.com and we will try to add it for you.
Yes, you can increase the volume by clicking the adjustment button. The adjustment button looks like two uneven dotted lines and is located in the top right-hand corner of the now playing page. Click the adjustment button, and check the “Volume boost” button.
Yes, you can change the playback speed via the adjustment button. The adjustment button looks like two uneven dotted lines and is located in the top right-hand corner of your episode page. Click the adjustment button, and scroll the playback speed bar to set the playback speed.
Yes, you can use the main search bar (first tab on your left). You can also go directly to the channel page and click on the magnifying glass icon on the right-hand side to search by title.
Yes. Enter the word “audiobooks” or “audiobook” in the search bar to access the “Audiobook” category. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please send the titles to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to add them to our catalog.
Go to Channel Info, then click the three-dots icon on the upper right-hand corner of the page. Select “Filters” to categorize your episodes based on play or download status.
Yes, please go to the “Now Playing” page and hold down the “10s” or “30s” button to access the option to select “5s”, “10s”, “15s”, “20s” and “30s”.
Go to your playlist, hold and drag the left-hand side of the episode name to manually change the order of the episodes.
The “Playlist” and the “Next Up” list are not the same (or always consistent).
“Playlist” consists only of episodes you’ve added (by clicking the “three lines and a plus” button). “Next Up” shows upcoming episodes of a podcast your’e currently listening to.
Instead of the “Playlist” order, Castbox will default to and prioritize the “Next up” order. This might cause the some episodes in your playlist to play out of order.
For example, if you play an episode directly from a channel’s page, your “Playlist” order will stay the same but your “Next up” list will show a list of episodes from the channel that’s currently playing.
Or, if you choose to play an episode directly from your “Downloads” list, your “Next up” list will consist of episodes in your “Downloads”. Even if this episode is also on your “Playlist”, the “Next up” list will still follow your “Downloads” list because the current episode was played from the “Downloads” list.
After you finish rearranging your “Playlist”, please pause the episode that’s currently playing and resume by tapping it in your “Playlist”. This way, the episodes in your “Next up” list will be updated to the same as those in the Playlist that you have just arranged.
You can also rearrange the order of the episodes in the “Next up” section and all changes made there will be applied instantly.
“Next up” section and all changes made there will be applied instantly.
Create and Upload Podcasts
1) If you are a podcaster and would like to make your podcast available on our platform, please send us your RSS feed email@example.com. To authenticate podcast ownership, we strongly recommend you send us your RSS feed using the email address shown in your RSS feed.
2) If you are a user and have a paid or private RSS feed (eg. Patreon), paste the URL into our search bar (second tab on your left) in order to subscribe.
3) If you have episodes recorded but have not yet created a channel, go to “Personal” -> “Podcaster”, and click on the microphone icon. Select “upload” button in the top right corner to find and upload your audio file onto Castbox. Alternatively, please go to our website Castbox.fm/home, click “Upload” and then sign in with your preferred method – the same with your Castbox account. Once you sign in, simply follow the directions stated to upload and create your first channel!
4) If you have not recorded anything yet, our app allows users to directly record sound files. Simply go to “Profile” (the fourth icon on your left) -> “Podcaster” and click on the microphone icon to start recording your first episode!
Definitely! You can create as many channels as you like via our mobile app and also through your desktop computer at Castbox.fm.
If you have uploaded your podcast to Castbox, you can go to Castbox.fm/login, login and click your Castbox account name- “My Channels” then “RSS Link” to access your RSS link. You can also send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will check and send your rss feed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to provide full hosting services at this time, so uploading your podcast to Castbox does not mean that the RSS feed generated will be distributed to all other platforms. Your RSS feed will remain solely on Castbox and won’t be published to any other players.
Logging In / Out
1) Logging in: When you first open Castbox, the app will ask you to log in via Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, or choose to login later. If you choose to login later, go to the “Personal” page, and click on the “LOG IN” button to return to the login page.
2) Logging out: go to “Personal” -> “Settings”, and select “Log Out.”
Definitely! You do not need to log in to listen to podcasts,but if you want to download or subscribe to channels, you do need to login first.
Go to “Personal” (the fourth icon on your left) -> click on your profile picture, and upload a new image.
With the help of Alexa listening to your favorite podcasts through Castbox is now easier than ever!
Before we continue, here are a few things to keep in mind:
If you’re currently using the purple version of the App on Android, you’ll need to update the app to the orange icon version (<a target=”_blank” href=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.Castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&hl=en”>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.Castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&hl=en</a>)
To activate Castbox on your Echo, go to the Amazon Alexa app and search for Castbox under Skills. Once added, link your Castbox account to your Echo, and you will be able to play episodes from your subscribed shows as well as many others.
After you’ve set up the custom skill, if you want to listen to This American Life using your Amazon Echo, all you need to do is say “Alexa, ask Castbox to play This American Life,” and Castbox will either resume your last played episode if you have subscribed to the channel, or it will play the newest episode if you have not. If you were listening to This American Life from a previous session, you can also just say “Alexa Open Castbox,” and it will automatically resume from your last played position.
You can also skip past a section of a show by fast forwarding through the parts you don’t wish to hear. To do this, simply say “Alexa, ask Castbox to fast forward xxx seconds/minutes.” You can also skip directly to the next episode of a channel as well by saying “Alexa, next.”
Our team is working hard to offer more content as well as stay on top of continuous updates, but if you have any suggestions or problems, or just simply want to let us know how your experience using Castbox through Alexa is, feel free to contact us at contact+alexa@Castbox.fm. If you are a Podcaster who wants to publish on Castbox or just a fan of a podcast we haven’t included yet, let us know and we’ll make sure it’s added to our directory.
Castbox is the Android Excellence App of 2017!
Castbox is an easy to use podcast player for podcast lovers, offering a super clean layout and easy to navigate interface. With a wide category of podcasts to choose from, you can stream or download your favorite podcasts and audiobooks anywhere, anytime for free.
Castbox offers continuous playback with customized playlists, one-button subscription options, and the ability to download episodes for offline listening. Our mission here at Castbox is to make information accessible to everyone, anytime, anywhere.
Both versions of Castbox are indeed developed by the same company. However, the purple version of Castbox app is a straightforward listening platform with fewer bells and whistles than its orange counterpart. The orange version of Castbox has a more intuitive UI design, upgraded features, and an overall smoother interface with updated social sharing capabilities that maximizes engagement.
The orange version is your best bet for staying up to date with the most innovative podcast app on the market. Your subscriptions in the purple version can be synchronized to the new orange one, on the condition that you log into Castbox through the same social login you used to first sign up with Castbox (Facebook or Google).
Yes, Castbox can run and play in the background if you do not pause the playback. However, Castbox will not run in the background when there is another audio source or video app playing, including Youtube and Facebook.
Yes. In your phone settings, find your Application Manager. Select the Castbox app, and then change the storage setting from Internal Storage to SD Card.