105: Sleeper Storage Technology
Alex sits down with the lead developer of mergerfs to get an update on the project, Chris has a button-pushing breakthrough and more.
Special Guest: Antonio Musumeci.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 3 users and 100 devices for free.
- 45drives: The HL15 from 45HomeLab is an open-source, open-platform, 15-bay homelab server.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- ⚡ Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
- QuickSync Benchmarking Script — Written by cptmorgan (Morgan the doorbell guy!). Use this script to benchmark the performance of your Quick Sync iGPU video transcoder. Submit those results to Alex via the Gist linked (as a comment).
- GitHub Gist - QuickSync Test Results — Post your QuickSync test results here as a comment.
- ESPClicker — Espclicker is a small device that you can use to integrate not IoT devices into your smart home setup
- Tuya-CloudCutter with ESPHome Beken Devices | How To Guide Home Assistant - YouTube
- Home-Assistant-Switch-Manager — Switch manager is a centralised component to handle button pushes for your wireless switches. This includes anything passed through the event bus or MQTT.
- Quad Zigbee Smart Switch - Chris' Current Fav — Each button has three pairing modes, allowing the 4 scene switches to create 12 unique scenes, including Home Mode, Away Mode, Movie Mode, and more.
- Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Scene Controller — Connect a 120 V light fixture (up to 150 W for LED's) to control it via Z-Wave or use the main button for wireless control only with up to 7 button triggers available.
- Read-it-later app Matter can now transcribe your favorite podcasts — The company this morning is debuting “Readable Podcasts,” a feature that will let you save favorite podcasts and transcribe their audio to text. By doing so, you can use Matter’s other tools to interact with the podcast content as you would a saved article, including by doing things like highlighting, taking notes and sharing quotes.
- mergerfs: a featureful union filesystem — mergerfs is a union filesystem geared towards simplifying storage and management of files across numerous commodity storage devices. It is similar to mhddfs, unionfs, and aufs.
- trapexit on GitHub — Find the mergerfs lead dev on GitHub.
- llama-gpt — A self-hosted, offline, ChatGPT-like chatbot, powered by Llama 2. 100% private, with no data leaving your device.
- LUP 486: Goodbye, Google — Chris ditches the iPhone and switches to GrapheneOS, a security and privacy-focused project that lets you take control back from Google.
- Voice over IP - Home Assistant — The VoIP integration enables users to talk to Assist using an analog phone and a VoIP adapter.
- HomeCam for HomeKit on the App Store — HomeCam is the only app to allow you to view multiple cameras live at once and control their surroundings.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store