2.33: A Marathon Versus a Sprint
In last week’s episode, we spoke with Lily Fontas; a wellness coach and educator who is on a mission to help women get strong, healthy, and happy on their own terms.
While there were a few things that stood out to us from our conversation with Lily, the theme we’ve decided to center this inspired conversation around is the idea of a marathon versus a sprint.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Lily’s motto of “never diet again”, and the tension behind it, is the perfect example of the struggle between our actions being a marathon or a sprint
- How Ivy uses the concept of marathon versus sprint when creating systems for her business
- Why Ivy believes the idea of marathon versus sprint can be connected to self-care and compassion
- What the levels of stress we put on ourselves might say about how we perceive our self-worth
- How changing our perspective of the process can help us sustain a marathon pace
- Are we using the stress of sprinting to distract ourselves from the underlying issues that causes us to sprint?
Follow Us On: