24 - Paulo Martins (Arena)
Welcome everyone to the Inevitable Podcast.
In this episode, I had the pleasure to chat with Paulo Martins.
For those who don't know, Paulo is the founder and CEO of Arena, a data platform for consumer enterprises to increase engagement, conversion and revenue. Arena has over 25,000 customers in 50 countries and just announced its Series A round led by CRV.
Before that, Paulo was part of the Ad Products team at Hulu, scaling the company from its early stage to $1.1B annual revenue and growing its user base from 100K+ to 7M paying subscribers in 2 years.
Paulo started his career as a software engineer at NASA Houston and has a master's degree in Data Mining and Machine Learning.
He had amazing personal and professional experiences as an entrepreneur and business leader and is here today to share some of these learnings with us.
Here are some of the questions that I asked Paulo:
- What is your formula to continuously push yourself to the limit throughout your life?
- What did you have to do to move to the US early in your career?
- You almost took a very different career path. How was your experience in the fighting and entertainment industry?
- When did you realize that you wanted to become an entrepreneur?
- What problems does Arena solve for its clients in order to serve them in so many different geographies?
- How was your experience raising the series A round for Arena?
- What were the levers that Arena had for investors in order to have such a successful round?