#37 Tantra 101 with Dee Dussault
Joining us today is Dee Dussault, a sexuality coach, Yoga Alliance® certified yoga teacher, the creator of Ganja Yoga, and author of the book by that title. She has taught partner yoga, vanilla tantra, and cannabis-enhanced yoga to thousands of people across the US, Canada, and Europe.
She studied sexuality for over a decade and carries an honors degree in Sexuality Studies. Her training was in the tantric tradition of Swami Satyananda of Bihar, India. Dee tells us what got her into tantra and explains that the practice is about much more than sex. She highlights the spiritual value as well as the opportunities it offers to fuel the evolution of our consciousness.
She further discusses mindfulness, the importance of slowing down your sexual encounters, and why the edge of your comfort zone is where you want to be. We talk about solo orgasmic experiences, Kegel exercises and the exhilarating dynamic that marijuana can bring to your yoga routine. So tune in to find out how Dee can help you tap into your radiant embodied self!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some of Dee’s background and how she became a sexuality coach.
- How tantra facilitates the whole human experience.
- Why tantra is for everyone, at any time.
- The relationship between breathing and feeling.
- What to do when you feel awkward at first.
- How yoga can lead to arousal and orgasmic experience.
- The benefits of redirecting genital energy.
- How energy orgasms can be achieved.
- How tantric sex helps older people and those with sexual dysfunction.
- The importance of balancing Kegel exercises with stretches.
- How cannabis enhances your yoga routine.
- And so much more!
“The idea is in Tantra that our sexual energy is the most potent energy we have as humans.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:04:05 ]
“Tantra allows the whole range of human emotions and experiences.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:08:00 ]
“You don’t need a partner to do tantra.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:08:22 ]
“As you slow down your breath, your capacity to feel increases.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:09:37 ]
“I recommend people play at the edge of their comfort zone.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:11:09 ]
“Pleasure is our birthright.” — @TheGanjaYoga [0:22:51 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Yoga Alliance® — https://www.yogaalliance.org/
Swami Satyananda — http://www.biharyoga.net/bihar-school-of-yoga/about-wyc/sri-swami-satyananda/
Dee Dussault — https://www.deedussault.com/
Ganja Yoga — https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062656841/ganja-yoga/
Ganja Yoga on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/ganjayoga/
Sting — https://www.sting.com/
Sting on Twitter — https://twitter.com/OfficialSting