A Healthy Mind Equals An All-Around Better Life
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and on this episode of Underground Magnolia Podcast, Tyra Valteau Sorapuru, a Mental Wellness Coach and Licensed Clinical Social Worker for over 30 years, joins in to discuss effective tools for all around healthy living.
We discuss the following:
- Balancing your feelings
- COVID-19 forcing African Africans and other People of Color to seek help
- Helping family and friends who need mental assistance
- Tips on what to look for in a therapist and/or psychiatrist
- Going beyond virtual only therapy
- How emotional health affects physical health
- Setting boundaries and saying NO
Links and additional information for mental health support:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - https://www.nami.org/Home
- Therapy for Black Girls - therapyforblackgirls.com
- Therapy for Latinx - therapyforlatinx.com
- Therapy for Black Men - therapyforblackmen.org
- Psychology Today - psychologytoday.com - lets you search by race, ethnicity, gender, and other parameters.
- Check with your local and state government
- Check with your your health insurance
- Confirm therapists/psychiatrists licenses in the state you reside in
Theme: Jazz Addict’s Intro by Cosimo Fogg
Sunset Drive by Tokyo Music Walker
Echoes Of The Soul by Ron Gelinas Chill Beats
Pursuit by Ron Gelinas Chill Beats
Merry Bay by Ghostrifter Official
Made Of Wood by Joe Crotty
Coffee Shop by PYC Music
Underground Magnolia website: (https://www.undergroundmagnolia.com/)
Instagram: @UMPodcastDV (https://www.instagram.com/umpodcastdv/)
Send questions/comments and requests to email@example.com.
To be featured on the podcast, send an email.