Act now before it's too late: Section 174
Michele Hansen (co-founder of Geocodio) is raising the alarm about Section 174. This legislation could dramatically increase your tax bill this year if you're a small software company in the USA. Michele is organizing a response through the Small Software Business Alliance.
👉 ACT NOW:
- Sign up for Michele's list
US citizens: tweet and call your Senators today. They need to know that this is a small business issue and that small businesses in their state are hurt by Section 174.
- Share the ssballiance.org URL with your founder friends.
In this episode:
- (01:37 ) - What is section 174?
- (04:42 ) - What's the benefit to the government for this change?
- (09:03 ) - Section 174 is bad for every company that builds software
- (11:28 ) - Disclaimer: We're not tax accountants
- (12:21 ) - What is the SSB Alliance?
- (14:05 ) - Small businesses are the cute puppies of the policy world
- (22:05 ) - A practical example
- (25:30 ) - This is going to impact small software businesses
- (28:36 ) - What can we do?
Thanks to our monthly supporters
- Pascal from sharpen.page
- Greg Park
- Mitchell Davis from RecruitKit.com.au
- Marcel Fahle, wearebold.af
- Bill Condo (@mavrck)
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Russell Brown from Photivo.com
- Evandro Sasse
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver
- Dan Buda
- Colin Gray
- Dave Giunta
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★