Becoming Black and Better with Berrell Cobb
In this episode Ms. Reid speaks with certified Dialectical Behavior Therapist & Addiction specialist Berrell Cobb about his experiences working in the prison system. What it’s been like to grieve a loved one with a complex existence. Reflecting on how the things we hate most in others may be a mirror of ourselves. And discussing the deep impact of The Autobiography of Malcolm X. We also get an introduction to his new podcast Black & Better.
Expect to Learn:
- About the Stigma of Incarceration 7:30
- Adverse Childhood Experiences 8:00
- Prison Industrial Complex 59:00
- The importance of Bonding & Attachment 37:41
Resources from this Episode
Be sure to leave us a 5 star review on Apple, Spotify & Facebook. Share your favorite gems with a friend & Follow thediscussionroompodcast on Instagram.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/ms-reid/support