Behind the Scenes in Travel & Hotels Domain
Ankur is a Product leader with proven track record of delivering customer experience and growth. He specializes in growing early-stage products and building next level conversion optimization strategy for late stage, mature products. He is an alumnus of ESPN, SABRE, Zuji, Travelocity Partner Network and Travelocity.com.
"He was awarded CEO's Ring of Honour at GO-MMT Group for driving exponential growth for the Hotels business."
- IRCTC for trains and GoIbibo for flights and Redbus for Bus now everyone is doing just about everything. How do you see this space now?
- Like most businesses, you are also managing the demand and supply. Travel is most affected and most naturally affected by seasons (unlike Fashion - where seasons are manufactured) can you tell us how do you manage the demand and supply during high demand and during the offseason?
- There is one face of the travel booking platforms that consumers see, but a lot of heavy lifting happens on the B2B side - the products that are created for the supply side. Tell us about that world, what's broken and what remains to be achieved?
- International travel booking is still so low, why? How long before it becomes a norm and what will it take?
- GoCash was and still is clever in many ways can you tell us about how it helped in changing in the game? Do you think its attractiveness will fade away?
- What are your secret weapons or tools that have helped you step up as a Product Manager?