EP 81 - Your Traditional Language
In This Episode:
Growing up, I realized that we were made to feel bad for speaking our own language in school in our country. Unconsciously, we created a situation where we trivialized the importance of speaking your language.
We must change this because our beautiful and diverse African languages are at the risk of extinction. We can't afford to lose our culture and history.
There is dignity in being able to speak and understand your language.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Duolingo: https://www.duolingo.com/
- Igbo Language Going Extinct: http://www.excusemyafrican.com/2019/06/ep-59-igbo-language-going-extinct.html
- Pidgin English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Pidgin
- Read Igbo Challenge: https://fb.watch/2sfYk-nNhi/
- Rattle Snake Part 3: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1813577/
- Amaka Igwe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaka_Igwe
- Black History Month: https://www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov/
Stella Damasus Blog: http://www.stelladamasusblog.com
Stella Damasus Website : https://www.stelladamasus.com
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/excusemyafrican/support