Elevated Liver Enzymes (LFTs) Case Study: Lab Interpretation for New Nurse Practitioners
There are many facets when it comes to interpreting Elevated Liver Enzymes (LFTs). In this episode we will be going through the most common presentation and primary care so that you will feel confident in knowing what steps to take when you come across these abnormal labs, and as a result, put your mind at ease and keep you from freaking out!
Together, we will cover:
- Key anchors of LFTs that you need to remember
- Two main factors to know what labs to order and when
- Three points to start with during your initial approach to LFTs
- Four main questions to ask with every lab
- Symptoms, causes, evaluation, and algorithm specifically for mild AST and ALT
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.