Ep 144: Fraction Division Pt 3
Sure, simple fraction division is figure-out-able, but what about gnarly fractions? In this episode Pam and Kim uncover simple relationships that make division of any fractions figure-out-able!
- What happens when the fractions aren't as nice, especially fractions where their denominators are not factors of each other?
- Thinking quotitively
- The connection between division and fractions
- Find common denominators to divide
- Use relative size of the fractions to estimate the quotient
- We don't teach rules for students to mimic, we develop relationships
See Episodes 142, 143 and 155 for more about fraction division.
Check out our social media
Instagram: Pam Harris_math
Facebook: Pam Harris, author, mathematics education