Ep. 15: Autism Acceptance Month 2021 with Autism Empowerment - Centering Autistic Voices
What does Autism Acceptance look like? What is the difference between Autism Acceptance and Autism Awareness? How can we each do a better job of listening to other voices in our community? Why is it so important to center autistic voices in policymaking, research, programs and philanthropy? In today's episode of the Autism Empowerment Podcast, we share meaningful conversation around the following areas:
- What does Autism Acceptance look like at Autism Empowerment in 2021? In our world-at-large?
- What is the difference between Autism Acceptance and Autism Awareness?
- Between acceptance and stagnation?
- How can we promote health, wellness, and the human needs of each autistic person with respect and dignity?
- Why is it so important to center autistic voices in policymaking, research, programs and philanthropy?
- To support Autism Acceptance and Autism Empowerment, where can we go to learn more?
- How can we meaningfully invest in Autistic potential and autism communities?
In celebration of Autism Acceptance Month, we are launching this show on April 2nd. Join Autism Empowerment Podcast hosts and co-founders Karen Krejcha and John Krejcha for this important autistic-led and directed conversation.
Show Notes and Transcript at www.AutismEmpowermentPodcast.org
Spring 2021 issue of Spectrum Life Magazine available April 12th at www.SpectrumLife.org. (All past issues available online for free.)