Greatfully Well - Week 2: Gratitude Practices
It's Great When You're Grateful!
This is week 2 in our 5 week program designed to guide you into a habit of gratitude in order to enhance your well-being during and after cancer treatment. This program is open to patients/survivors as well as caregivers.
All participants receive an email once a week (on Mondays, starting March 1st) with a link to the podcast interview regarding the week’s topic. We will also have a “Gratitude Action Step” each week, and participants will keep a gratitude journal.
This program is designed for you to do “on your own”, or with a virtual group meeting once a week, on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Let us know if you have any questions!
To register go to: https://cancerservicesonline.org/gratitude/
During week 2 Dr. Torelli shares about the following:
Besides a gratitude journal, what are other ways that people can practice gratitude?
Here’s our Gratitude Action step for this week. Answer one or more of these each day:
1. What in your life are you happy to have stopped doing or let go of? Or what phase are you glad to not be in?
2. What are irritations in your life that could use a change in perspective? Can you take less seriously, find humor in? How can that change have a positive effect on your life?
3. List something good that has recently caught your attention to make you realize how fortunate you are.
4. Name 3 things that always put a smile on your face.
5. What is the most beautiful place you have been to? Relive being in this place now.