913 Greatness Redefined with Mel Robbins, Esther Perel, Maria Sharapova and Najwa Zebian
Don't let anyone stop you from becoming your best self.
For this episode of The School of Greatness, I wanted to revisit the wisdom of some amazing women from our Summit of Greatness conference in 2017. These women are so empowering, and their words have stayed with me for these past few years.
Mel Robbins is the most booked female speaker on the planet with a 7 figure speaking business. She is the author of the international best seller The 5 Second Rule, and she now she has a daytime talk show called The Mel Robbins Show. In 2018, she gave a fantastic TEDx talk titled "How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over" that has over 22 million views.
Psychotherapist and New York Times bestselling author Esther Perel is recognized as one of today’s most insightful and original voices on modern relationships. Her newest book is the New York Times bestseller The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity. Esther unpacks what infidelity really is, why even happy people can be unfaithful, and how couples can recover from such a traumatic experience.
Najwa Zebian is a Lebanese-Canadian activist, author, speaker and educator. She focuses on empowering people that have been abused and displaced. Najwa has become a trailblazing voice for women everywhere and has been highlighted by The New York Times and CBS News, among others. She has also creatively collaborated with Google, RBC, Kohl’s and Cirque du Soleil. She is host of the podcast Stories of the Soul which is all about inspiring people to heal from pain, suffering and abuse.
Maria Sharapova is a Tennis Champion, author, and entrepreneur. She won her first Grand Slam tournament at just 17 years old. She’s held major commercial endorsements with companies including Nike and Tiffany & Co. She founded Sugarpova, a premium candy line, which is packed with antioxidants and non-GMO ingredients that are worth indulging in. She also founded the Maria Sharapova Foundation which helps children around the world pursue their dreams through education and scholarships.
All of these women have unique wisdom that refine greatness in a truly inspiring way.
Join us in Episode 913 to learn how you too can share your story with confidence, overcome negativity and become the best version of yourself you can be.
- Maria, what is one piece of advice you would give to all budding entrepreneurs? (7:15 )
- Maria, how do you handle criticism? (11:26 )
- Najwa, how do you balance sharing your vulnerable, painful story with being hopeful? (20:50 )
- Esther, how do I handle the outside pressure of being with a wonderful man who doesn’t look great on paper? (33:50 )
- Mel, does inspiration build action and courage? (46:05 )
- How to get a new perspective on something you have done for a long time (3:30 )
- How Maria mentally switched from being just an athlete to being an entrepreneur (5:20 )
- Inspiration to fire you up if you are at the bottom (14:35 )
- How to overcome negative self-talk and negative voices from your family (24:22 )
- How to honor your parents while having healthy boundaries with them (8:40 )
- Why it’s so important for everyone to have an open conversation about sex (32:10 )
- How to date and commit to a partner when there are so many options (37:40 )
- How to re-establish a connection with your previous partner after a divorce (43:40 )
- Why imposter syndrome can be a good thing (44:30 )
- How to find your voice if you’ve experienced an abusive relationship (47:10 )
If you enjoyed this episode, check out the video, show notes and more at http://www.lewishowes.com/913 and follow at instagram.com/lewishowes