How to become a morning person with meditation
Ofosu recently made a commitment to have more productive mornings, but it's been difficult for him to become a "morning person." So he talks with Leah and Greg Hammer, MD, about the benefits of waking up early, the science behind sleep and your circadian rhythm, and the strategies for incorporating meditation into a morning routine. They also share other practical tips for creating a sustainable morning routine that sets the tone for a productive, fulfilling day ahead.
📚 More about Greg Hammer, MD: Dr. Hammer is a professor at Stanford University School of Medicine, pediatric intensive care physician, pediatric anesthesiologist, mindfulness expert, and the author of GAIN without Pain: The Happiness Handbook for Health Care Professionals, which you can order here: https://www.amazon.com/GAIN-Without-Pain-Happiness-Professionals/dp/1951104013/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
🩺 You can also learn more about Dr. Hammer and his work here: https://greghammermd.com/
▶️ Follow along on YouTube to watch this episode and more exclusive content: https://youtu.be/R-MuUaP1Zzk
📲 Ready to start your journey toward becoming a morning person? Unlock your free year of Balance today by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store: https://balanceapp.sng.link/Arat1/yqod/dyc1
🧘 About Balance: Well Balanced is co-hosted by meditation experts Ofosu and Leah, Balance’s Co-Heads of Meditation. Balance is a highly personalized meditation and sleep app that's been named Google's App of the Year and Apple's App of the Day. Completely free for the entire first year, Balance is helping 5 million+ people around the world improve their stress, sleep, focus, and mood.
🎧 What's in this episode:
- (00:00 ) Why Ofosu's trying to become a morning person
- (01:41 ) Meeting Dr. Greg Hammer
- (02:17 ) Can you change your circadian rhythm?
- (03:18 ) Why you should pay close attention to your sleep hygiene
- (03:52 ) Rewiring your brain to become a joyful morning person
- (06:10 ) How to establish a morning meditation practice
- (09:33 ) Bringing intention into your morning routine (and your entire day)
- (11:07 ) How to make sure your morning routine is sustainable
- (11:59 ) Caffeine and alcohol's impact on your sleep
- (15:11 ) The importance of always having a plan
- (16:49 ) Creating a morning ritual with the Balance app