New Micro Crude Oil is Big News
https://t.me/spreadtradarbot Telegram Spread and Scalp Chat Paid Group.
www.MasterClassTrader.com/specials - Current discounts for coursework on Order Flow and Spreading.
The new ‘micro’ crude oil contract was listed this week on the CME. So far so good it seems.
The micro is not a different style of futures contract from other futures. It simply refers to the contract size. They are smaller. The upside is smaller, downside is smaller, and comms are smaller.
- It is 1/10th of the regular size contract.
- It’s a 100 barrel contract (v 1000 barrels).
- For every dollar move in crude oil, the contract moves $100 ($1000 for the biggie).
- The tick size is 1 cent. That’s worth $1 ($10 for the big contract).
- The initial margin is $530.
Tips for traders:
OK, here are some ideas to get started or think about:
- Watch the full contract – both charts and DOM. Micro for execution only. The reason being is the big contract will is trading more often (for now). That means levels and other technical readings will be more reliable from the big contract.
- Work limit orders. There’s no need to pay up on the spread, but if you do it doesn’t matter given $1 per tick. While the market develops however, don’t feel the need to rush your execution.
- Watch deferred contracts as they develop (for spreading).
- Make sure your broker has reduced commissions for micros and SPAN margins.
Learn More About Scalping and Spreading?
Check my courses at MasterClassTrader.com. This market can be used in both the DOM Bootcamp and advanced spread course.
Check out the special page for a current bundled deal.
Also check out my new Telegram chat group subscription for spreader and scalps. The link is below. It’s a deliberately small group for active traders, all there talk about trades and help each other.
Coming up, well next month we have micros in the treasuries, which I think will be fantastic. We’ll talk more about it when they launch.
Until then, good trading.