On the Body: Using the Body to Access the Mind, Your Body is Your Responsibility, and Who Has Decisive Power Over Your Body | On Life 082
A narrated essay reflecting on how to access the mind using the body, your responsibility for your body, and who has the power to make decisions about our bodies. Brandon shares how he began a better connection with his body and his views about decisions made concerning other's bodies including abortion and COVID.
Want the essays and podcasts delivered directly to you? Subscribe: brandonstover.substack.com
- (00:00 ) - Introduction
- (01:04 ) - Beginning of essay On the Body: Using the Body to Access the Mind
- (04:15 ) - Inspiration of essay, my journey with first connecting with the body
- (05:49 ) - How do we access the mind through the body?
- (09:49 ) - What is the connection of the mind with reality?
- (10:49 ) - How did the Stoics perceive the body?
- (11:13 ) - How is the body a tool for your will?
- (12:30 ) - Why you must become the expert and take responsibility for your body
- (15:11 ) - What happens when you outsource responsibility of your body to others?
- (15:58 ) - Who should have ultimate decisions over our bodies?
- (18:30 ) - What can you do if your body is enslaved or controlled by someone else?
- (20:52 ) - Final comments on the body